Online Webinars, Middletown, Armagh
Autism and Anxiety Management
Primary aged autistic children experience anxiety in many situations, with some experiencing significant anxiety difficulties. For many, school is a major source of stress.
This session is an introduction to strategies that can be used to alleviate the experience of anxiety.
This will include
• An introduction to cognitively based strategies
• How to develop child centred strategies to deal with anxiety.
• Understand how the difficulties experienced, including sensory difficulties, can contribute to the development of anxiety.
• Understand how anxiety can escalate and may result in an outburst.
• Develop some simple strategies to prevent the escalation of anxiety.
• Understand the basics of cognitively based management approaches.
• Anxiety triggers and build up.
• “On the spot” anxiety management strategies.
• Developing a “stress kit”.
• Cognitively based approaches and the emotional toolkit
Middletown Centre for Autism
Online Webinars , Middletown , Armagh