St Mary’s Hall, Lanesborough, Longford
Make and Take
This presentation will explain how visual supports can be used to help with emotional regulation, positive behaviour and reducing anxiety. Parents will go home with resources ready to use.
Parents and family members will:
• Have an increased understanding of how children and young people with autism perceive the world.
• Be aware of how children and young people with autism think and learn.
• Have a better understanding of how to use children’s and young people’s strengths to help them reach their potential.
• Have an increased understanding of the reasons behind the difficulties faced by children and young people with autism in learning, social interaction and communication.
• Be able to make visual supports.
• Gain knowledge of personalised support to children and young people.
• Learn how to cope with emotional distress caused by transition, such as stress and anxiety.
Course Overview / Content
This two-hour session will focus on how to make and use visual supports for the:
Parents and family members will be able to take materials made in session such as, emotion key rings, count down cards, whose turn boards and timetables.
Participants can decide, with the trainer, which materials would best suit the child and at what level.
St Mary’s Hall
Main Street Lanesborough
St Mary’s Hall , Lanesborough , Longford