Middletown Centre for Autism, Middletown, Armagh
Autism, Relationships and Sexuality Education
This session will examine the impact of adolescence on young people with autism. Participants will be shown how to incorporate behavioural interventions with visual strategies to help teenagers with autism cope with some of the typical issues of adolescence. The training will provide practical strategies that educational professionals may use to support teenagers with autism. It will also focus on the delivery of sex and relationships education for students with autism.
• Understand the impact of adolescence on young people with autism.
• Learn some strategies involving behavioural and visual strategies that will provide supports to adolescents with autism.
• Provide strategies for the delivery of sex and relationships education to students with autism.
• Adolescence and autism how - does adolescence impact on the student with autism?
• How to prepare students for physical changes.
• Some strategies for developing sex and relationships education.
Middletown Centre for Autism
35 Church Street
Middletown Centre for Autism , Middletown , Armagh