Middletown Centre for Autism latest update
I write to you as a valued supporter of Middletown Centre for Autism in what are exceptional and unprecedented times. Our thoughts are with all you and in particular those who are continuing to provide health and social care to the sick and vulnerable. It is a time for pulling together and providing whatever support both practical and moral that we can. As you may be aware the Centre has suspended all face to face services; this is in line with advice issued by Government bodies in both Northern Ireland and in the Republic of Ireland.
The Centre is still, however, open for business and is here to support parents, students and education teams at this difficult time. The Centre can support the autism community in the following ways:
- The Centre’s telephone support service for parents and teachers is still operational and the aim is to return all calls within three working days
- The Learning Support and Assessment Service is continuing to offer an adapted version of the programme through providing support to our referred children and young people and their families via technology.
- The Centre’s Twitter and Facebook feeds are updated regularly throughout the day with helpful ideas and supports for parents and pupils alike
- The Centre already hosts a series of online sessions, multimedia resources and research publications on its website
- From the week beginning Monday 23 March the Centre will commence a programme of web based seminars and live Q&A sessions with our specialist team and guest speakers; details of this programme will be emailed out to everyone on the Centre’s mailing list
- The Centre’s GCAS Programmes at both Limerick and Stranmillis will continue to take place online until further notice
- Staff will be offering the Centre’s five week training sessions online starting on 21 April.
Please make use of some or all of the resources the Centre has available. Centre staff look forward to seeing everyone again face to face in the future. In the meantime I trust that you and your family will stay safe. Let’s support and encourage each other in these very challenging times.
With my sincerest regards