Autism, Relationships and Sexuality Education
This session will examine the impact of adolescence on autistic young people. Participants will be shown how to incorporate behavioural interventions with visual strategies to help autistic teenagers cope with some of the typical issues of adolescence. The training will provide practical strategies that educational professionals may use to support teenagers. It will also focus on the delivery of sex and relationships education.
• Understand the impact of adolescence on autistic young people.
• Learn some strategies involving behavioural and visual strategies that will provide supports to adolescents
• Provide strategies for the delivery of sex and relationships education to autistic young people.
• Adolescence and autism how - does adolescence impact on autistic young people.
• How to prepare students for physical changes.
• Some strategies for developing sex and relationships education.
Dr Jo Fitzsimons