Family Carers Ireland, Ennis, Co. Clare, Ennis, Clare
Learning Styles and Visual Methodologies Visual strategies are widely used when living and working with children and young people with autism as they:
- Complement the learning style of many with autism.
- Can be introduced alongside other intervention strategies.
- Are adaptable, portable and can be used in most situations.
The use of visual strategies can have a notable impact on how a child with autism experiences home life, as they help to clarify expectations and make abstract concepts more concrete.
Visual strategies support children as they develop effective communication, appropriate social interaction, and positive behaviour skills.
These methods are based on the principles of the TEACCH programme and may help parents provide consistent teaching methods.
This session has been designed to consider the needs of children in the 4-11 years age range
Parents and family members will:
- Understand the importance of visual teaching methods in autism.
- Understand how visuals will improve the learning of the child and their experience at home.
- Develop some visual strategies that can be used to support the child.
Family Carers Ireland, Ennis, Co. Clare
No. 8 Tracklands Business Park
Family Carers Ireland, Ennis, Co. Clare , Ennis , Clare