Early Intervention Services, Nazareth House, Co. Sligo, Magheraboy, Sligo
Make and Take
This practical Make and Take training session will build on the knowledge and skills acquired by parents and carers during the previous four sessions which will enable them to produce a visual support for use with their child. Parents and carers will have access to the resources needed as well as guidance from the trainer to develop a visual support individualised to meet an identified current need of their child.
This training event is for parents and carers of children aged three to six
Parents and Carers will:
- Identify and make a visual support that can be used to support emotional regulation, positive behaviour and in reducing anxiety for their young child with autism.
- Acquire practical skills in making a visual support.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to implement a new visual support strategy in the home.
- An overview of visual support methodologies and the rationale for using this type of individualised support with a young child with autism.
- Using resources provided parents and carers will, under the guidance of the trainer, develop ideas and create an individualised visual support to meet an identified need for their young child with autism.
- The trainer will support parents and carers identify how they implement the visual support in the home.
Early Intervention Services, Nazareth House, Co. Sligo
Early Intervention Services, Nazareth House, Co. Sligo , Magheraboy , Sligo