Online Webinars, ., Armagh
Autism and Anxiety Management
Post Primary aged autistic students experience anxiety in many situations, with some experiencing significant anxiety difficulties.
This session is an introduction to strategies that can be used to alleviate the experience of anxiety in autistic students. This will include an introduction to cognitively based strategies and how to develop student centred strategies to deal with anxiety.
This will include:
• An introduction to cognitively based strategies
• How to develop student centred strategies to deal with anxiety.
• Understand how the difficulties experienced by autistic students, including sensory difficulties, can contribute to the development of anxiety.
• Understand how anxiety can escalate and may result in an outburst.
• Develop some simple strategies to prevent the escalation of anxiety.
• Understand the basics of cognitively based management approaches.
• Anxiety triggers and build up.
• “On the spot” anxiety management strategies.
• Developing a “stress kit.”
• Cognitively based approaches and the emotional toolkit
Online Webinars , . , Armagh