Online Webinars, Middletown, Armagh
Autism and the Promotion of Positive Behaviour
Young people with autism can experience elevated levels of anxiety and stress often resulting in distressed behaviours for a variety of reasons, including interaction with the environment. This session will examine how an understanding of autism can influence interactions and thus the behaviour of young people.
• Understand reasons for what we see as inappropriate behaviour
• Learn practical strategies for recognising early warning signs and making positive interventions
• Recognise the “Rumbling, Raging and Recovery” aspects of behaviour and what we as practitioners can do
• Understand the behaviour and anxiety bank account
• Clarity of information, including expectations and procedures.
• Consistency: A healthy, strong home school partnership is vital.
• Common sense: Remembering that sometimes the most effective is also the most straightforward and easiest.
• Continuation: Keeping the teaching and the positive supports in place to continue to help the young person to develop effective life skills
Middletown Centre for Autism
Online Webinars , Middletown , Armagh