Online Webinars, Middletown, Armagh
Autism and the Promotion of Positive Behaviour
Autistic children can experience elevated levels of anxiety and stress often resulting in distressed behaviours. This session will examine how an understanding of autism can influence interactions and thus the behaviour of children and challenge the term, “Challenging Behaviour” replacing it with "behaviours of concern" or "behaviours that challenge".
• Understand reasons for what we see as inappropriate behaviour
• Learn practical strategies for recognising early warning signs and making positive interventions
• Recognise the “Rumbling, Raging and Recovery” aspects of behaviour
• Understand the behaviour and anxiety bank account
• Clarity of information, including expectations and procedures.
• Consistency: A healthy, strong home school partnership is vital.
• Common sense: Remembering that sometimes the most effective is also the most straightforward and easiest.
• Continuation: Keeping the teaching and the positive supports in place to continue to help the child to develop effective life skills
Middletown Centre for Autism
Online Webinars , Middletown , Armagh