Online Webinars, Middletown, Armagh
Autism and the Special School, Relationships and Sexuality Education.
This session will examine the impact of adolescence on autistic young people with learning difficulties. Participants will learn how to incorporate behavioural interventions with visual strategies to help teenagers cope with some of the typical issues of adolescence, particularly, if they do not have verbal language or reading skills. The training will provide practical strategies for developing an appropriate and accessible Relationships and Sexuality Education curriculum for students with learning difficulties.
• Understand the impact of adolescence on young people with learning difficulties.
• Learn some strategies involving behavioural and visual strategies that will provide supports to adolescents, even those using pre-verbal communication means and limited literacy skills.
• Provide strategies for the delivery of sex and relationships education, in the family home and in school.
• Adolescence, learning difficulties and autism, how does adolescence affect the student ?
• How to prepare students for physical changes.
• Some strategies for developing sex and relationships education as a core element of the curriculum.
Middletown Centre for Autism
Online Webinars , Middletown , Armagh