Lucan Community College Co. Dublin, Lucan, Dublin
Autism and Anxiety Management
Post Primary aged students with autism experience anxiety in many situations, with some experiencing significant anxiety difficulties.
This session is an introduction to strategies that can be used to alleviate the experience of anxiety in students with autism. This will include an introduction to cognitively based strategies and how to develop student centred strategies to deal with anxiety.
• Understand how the difficulties experienced by those with autism, including sensory difficulties, can contribute to the development of anxiety.
• Understand how anxiety can escalate.
• Develop some simple strategies to prevent the escalation of anxiety.
• Understand the basics of cognitively based management approaches.
• Anxiety triggers and build up.
• “On the spot” anxiety management strategies.
• Developing a “stress kit”.
• Cognitively based approaches and the emotional toolkit
Lucan Community College Co. Dublin
Lucan Community College Co. Dublin , Lucan , Dublin